LAB 4

                                             

                                                

                                    Lab 4


Part I – Coding a Fish Creek Website

2. 

    Using the HTML validator for the Fish creek website 11 errors was observed, two warnings, later, I was able to fixed all the errors afterwards.

For the CSS file, no error was found.

3. 

    I tested my code with Opera, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge Browser, all ran smoothly. No issues.

4. 

     I tried the game till the 4th level. It's an interesting and tasking game. The game refreshes and broaden my knowledge of CSS


Part II – Web Development Tools 

1. 

The developer tool is used for inspecting and preview loaded html, time it takes to load. To check for the responsiveness of a website i.e. how compatible it is with mobile, tablet, desktop view. It can also be used to check performance and gives developer more flexibility. In some cases it serves as a debugger. 


2. 

Add extensions on Firefox is LastPass, it is an adds that is used to manage passwords, it stores and make passwords accessible.

 In chrome, Colorzillar is a nice extension tool which can be used in web development to directly pick up colour for use in design work.   

  

Part III – Perception, Attention & Memory


3.    Visual perception (attention and memory)

i.    From the free brain age game, i got a brain age of 36 which is quite higher than my age. I wasn't able to click on the icosahedron. I did well in forming anagrams and spotting colours. 

ii.    On second trial, it reduced to 30, was able to click on one icosahedron by been focus and smart, my experience with previous trial made it easy to spot differences in pictures and forming anagrams.

4.    Visual memory

a. I had 17500 has my score. slipped my mouse on the wrong one while trying to click the right cell.

b. I didn't know about Gestalt Principle when i played the game, but on getting to read about it (from ii), realised I made use of principles from it like law of common region, in which I attempted the not common region first before common region.

c. The exercise is helping in terms of improving ones focus and ability to spot fault pattern  easily.


5. Testing attention & working memory


    i.     I got the number of passes right, which is 15. and i saw the gorilla too.
    ii.    The is relevant in the sense that it helps wade off distraction, thus helping to be more focus on                work.       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAB 1

LAB 2